Friday, September 24, 2010

mom, u're just so cool


[The University of Nottingham, UK]

[Nottingham city]

[ Ukulili performance in Birmingham Museum]

studying abroad in the UK is a brand new experience for me.

always being away from home makes me less homesick(actually, never homesick) and not missing home. --makes me sounds more like a sui lui bao.

then, i asked my mom if im supposed to feel bad as im not missing home. mom's reply was cool and it's the way i always like it:

(below are the exact words from mom)

"Frankly, we don really miss u (don feel bad) why??? cos when u are in kl, u were always not around most of the time too. so we are just used to not having u round the house. We just take it that u were like in sabah or trekking somewhere or jus doing some things elsewhere. So..... tis time we just hv to wait 2 years."

"I am quite lucky u girls can take care of yourself well overseas. I think it's my training to let u ppl go anywhere freely. that makes u independent. Be good there, learn more things. "



2 years vacation is just about to start!
thanks for the upbringing and i love u mom.

6 comments:

Kar Lye said...

i was just about to poke you to relive your blog.

your mom should be the coolest mom i heard about, and...
she quoted sabah and trekking somewhere...

i want to be a mom like your mom some day(in terms of replying to her kids)... AHAHAH

sulan yang said...

wow! didn't expect u still visit my blog after i have neglected it for so long.

hmm...wonder what u gonna reply to ji ji and char char.

Suin said...

hahahhaha we are just too lucky to have cool mom!!!! all my frens know that my mom is so damn cool!!!!! kekeke good job mi, u've done well!!! errrr except for abi, who is still blur case dependent muahahahaha! but at least she can drive very well now! =P (mulan can u tag this msg to abi? hahaha)

sulan yang said...

my fren even put mi under his idol list...just that some of his idol are not so convincing one....haha.

find one day skype lar! im going london this weekend, manchester next weekend! whee.

Sue Wen said...

Lovely mum! my parents called me and everytime I said : You guys called again? Like WHY this time?

LOL such a bad daughter but true, I dont really miss home now. but probably I am somewhere deep in my soul, just not to the extent i need to call and talk often.

~G~ said...

agreed with your mom~!
:)